I am struggling with the Serial less mode. I managed to activate it properly but have following issues:
- Serial less mode is after each reboot deactivated. This means I can establish a connection via UART with the StromPI3. Is this on purpose or a bug? I need always to start script Start_Serialless.py. But this I want to avoid!
- I connected Reset-Pin to two different GPIO pins (21 and 20). But both pins always have value HIGH; regardless if primary or secondary power source is used. I tried the provided script poweralarm_serialless.py and also reading the pin values with different tools.
I am using latest Raspbian Version and Firmware 1.72 for StromPI3. In serial mode power failure detection works fine.
I checked now source code of ‚main.c‘ and just thought how I could implement a feature with using only on GPIO pin to transmit three states. Is it easy possible to toggle between HIGH – LOW – HIGH with different timing?
- Always HIGH = main power supply
- HIGH – LOW – HIGH = with a LOW of e.g. 2 secs -> secondary power supply
- HIGH – LOW – HIGH = with a LOW of e.g. 4 secs -> shutdown mode
Additionally I saw that the „Battery Shutdown Mode“ only referes to the onboard battery voltage and not the wide voltage. Did I read the source code correctly? Because in my scenario I have attached an external battery (6 x 1.5V) on Wide which should trigger the final shutdown.